Saturday, June 28, 2014

GET TO GETTIN......

I love Saturday mornings, getting up early, making a cup of coffee and knowing I don't  have to rush to go or do anything.  Great feeling ,but I can get lost in the dreaming, reading, or researching of whatever pops into my head and nothing gets done.  It is hard to fit it all in when you only have 2 days a week.  So today I better "get to gettin" and accomplish something..

I have had to hire gardeners today to take care of what I once took care of myself.  Very hard thing for me to do as I have always been a do it yourself kind of gal. Not easy for me to admit I need help, but I can't stand to see weeds and the wisteria is going wild.  No one touches my roses though they are all mine.

So many changes lately, it's hard to keep up and adjust. I don't like to whine, but between fighting with the GD insurance company to pay for a PET scan, to pushing the doctors to fight for me and the treatment I insist on, it has been a rude awakening to say the least.  I have never had to use my insurance much, but now when I do, it's maddening to me to realize the goal for them is to spend the least as possible. Well those AH's did not count on me because when I want something I don't give up.
I am a fighter and don't take no for an answer very well.  I feel sorry for the people who don't have my strength or will to fight and just have to accept what they are told.
It is a sad commentary on what our society has become and the value of the almighty dollar has become more important than the people.

Well maybe just a little whining before I go...
My mother is 87 and still lives by herself, but very close to me.  She has liver cancer and while she is very strong willed and determined like me, I fear the cancer and time are going to win the battle.  Now it is hard for me to accept my situation, but so far, with the exception of some change to my vision in the right eye, not much has changed for me. You always think your parents will always be there for you and somehow are ageless.  Yes I know, a delusional thought, but true, at least in my family.
To see my mom starting to fail is a hard reality for me. I know my life is going to change soon and I am going to need a lot of strength to get through this.

Well it's time to get to gettin...
Thanks for listening
Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Its good you are a fighter, it teaches the insurance people not everyone is asleep, and some can and will speak for their own needs. I'm sorry you are worried about your mom and her conditions, of course it is ok to ''whine'' as you put it, ITS YOUR BLOG as someone recently said to me and if you're not comfortable speaking your true self here then where? I dont' believe there is any such thing as whining when one is merely expressing their life's current situations and circumstances. You already have the strength you need I can see it.
    Speak to the roses and see what they tell you, they may have something for you, I have a feeling.....can you add the ''follow this blog'' feature so I can get your posts in my email? I don't want to miss them :D

    ReplyDelete