Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy July 4TH

Happy July 4th to all..
I hope your day is filled with happy celebration and your night is as magical as seeing the moon with diamonds in her hair. She is only a crescent right now, but beautiful all the same. She is known by many names, but I like Mead Moon or the Moon of Middle Summer for July.
She has been worshipped and named by many from time immemorial. She is the bringer of light, love and blessings to those who adore her. She can take your breath away with her beauty and inspire words from the heart.
 Like a peacock spreading it's tail she is at her finest when she is full and there is nothing quite as magical as walking outside at midnight and the light is so bright as to be almost like the day.
I think everyone has a favorite memory of being stunned by the beauty of a full moon.
Mine was in August probably 10 years ago.  I was coming home from the company picnic which was held by the beach that year.  I decided to take Del Dios Hwy instead of the freeway as I love driving the windy roads that take you through the a beautiful forested area. At one point I came around a corner and was so distracted by this huge orange moon I had to pull over. It was absolutely, unbelievably beautiful and I have never forgotten that night and have never seen another full moon like it.
Do you have any favorite memories to share..

Whatever your plans, enjoy this long weekend if for no other reason that we don't have to work tomorrow.

Sherry

2 comments:

  1. lolol Sherry, my favorite moon could have been the very same as yours since I could have written the same thing for my own experience! I was at a restaurant close to the beach with a friend and we had come out and were in the car driving on the freeway when I saw this HUGE HUGE planet sized orange moon that took my breath away and I finally felt a moment of the magic I'm used to and my mouth flew open and my friends too, and we drove straight for it lolol....east towards the beach, and we stared and stared and stared....it was about 10 years ago :D:D:D I have never seen such a moon again, though I always look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love love love the pictures of your house...
    and
    I had a calico cat, two of them one after the other....they are magical cats indeed and the only ones I am not allergic to.

    ReplyDelete