Sunday, June 22, 2014

Welcome Summer

Yesterday was the first day of summer and it's hard to believe the year is nearly half over. Seems like the older you get the faster life flies by. In the blink of any eye I have arrived in my sixties and it feels like just yesterday I couldn't wait to be twenty one.
Sometimes I wonder if I had the chance, would I do anything differently.  My first reaction is yes, definitely, but then when I think again my answer always changes to no.  I think because I don't believe in regrets, except in the case that you hurt someone unintentionally. It does no good to regret the past as it makes you what you are today.

Summer is not my favorite season, only because I do not do well in hot weather but I love being able to open the doors and windows and keep them open until I go to bed at night.  When the weather is in the low 80's it is perfect for afternoon BBQ's and trips to the beach. I love the way things feel different in summer.  The warm heaviness that makes you dreamy and lazy. The caress of water on you skin when you go swimming. To feel the wind against your bare skin. Your senses are more alive in summer.

I found the lovely picture of the lanterns on Pintrest and it reminded me of summer nights.  Lanterns make everything seem more magical, like a signal to the fairies and other creatures of the night to come out and play.   Dining outside after dark with only candles and lanterns is my idea of heaven. With a cold glass of lemonade or wine, close your eyes, smell and feel the night.  You can go anywhere your imagination takes you.

What is your favorite thing about summer?

Whatever it is I hope you enjoy.
Sherry


1 comment:

  1. Sherry ...before I forget, I want to say when I clicked on your blog and saw the picture of the lanterns my heart literally leaped! I am always on the lookout for such lanterns, I want them everywhere in my garden, hanging from every tree etc, I adore hand painted lanterns!

    But as for you, I have a very strong feeling you are a kindred spirit too, which is why I made sure to keep reading your comments on Cielo's blog and then decided to come here and say hello to you myself. I just got your comment to me and I am sure of it, everything you say rings and fits neatly. Yes to everything. You know.
    Where do you live? I wish you could come and visit, the guest room is welcoming, you have seen the pictures in my last post. I am always fluffing my nest as I contemplate the universe and the logic of god.....I have gone my own way, something just isn't right, you know? Like too many muggles around.....:D
    Keep saying hello as I don't always catch new blogs on my blog roll, and I don't want to miss yours, ok? blessings, lady.

    ReplyDelete