Saturday, June 14, 2014

Saturday;s Memories

Look at my new doo...isn't it pretty.  I have a new stylist ladies and her name is Cielo.
She was so very kind to help me update my old look. Cielo, I thank you again my friend.
Saturday has come and almost gone.  For those unfortunate souls amongst us that still rub elbows with the muggles five days a week, it is the sweetest day of the week.  To wake up and know your entire day is yours for the planning, wasting or just dreaming, is one of my favorite feelings.
I spent the day washing and cleaning, not much fun, but since I had to let the maid, butler and chauffeur go, these duties are left to me.  HA HA..this is where the dreaming starts. I know one sweet lady named Mona that loves to iron and to you I say here is my address, come to my house and I will keep you happy for hours...Ironing has never been a favorite pass time.  In fact I will let you in on a secret.  When I was just a baby in my twenties and married to a man who wore long sleeved dress shirts to work everyday, the only way I could get through that pile of shirts  was with a little help from a friend at the time named Maryjane.  I will tell you those shirts were perfect. Picture this, 1971, me sitting on the end of the bed, ironing board in front of me, TV going and me stoned, just happily ironing away. 
Now some of you may be offended, disgusted, surprised that I would admit this, or maybe you can relate. Sorry but I was never one to say "but I never inhaled."
Well that's my two cents for today. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Sherry

3 comments:

  1. oh you are hysterical lolol.....your friend MaryJane was good to you, and I am enchanted and even more enthralled.....keep talking sister, nothing like one who understands the pain of rubbing elbows with muggles ....arrggghh! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lady...thanks for stopping by. Those muggles are the worst, but I fight against them every chance I get. I keeping hoping for a prince charming to come and rescue me and nothing but frogs are showing up...Keep coming to visit, I get the feeling your are a kindred spirit.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love you to pieces! I fell on the floor on this one. Yep...here I am at 77 and looking back at all those years of "not inhaling"...LOL What a time it all was. Most of our sweet blogger friends are seriously into their church and that is wonderful..but I have found that the more church there is...the less perfect you may find their lives.
    ....OH...before I forget...what on earth is a muggles? Also I was fascinated by the other folks you mention. The ones that "make the rules" now. Is that really true? Wasn't sure if you were teasing or not. :)
    I was married to a career Marine for 20 years plus...and am still not over those military creases, especially on inspection days.
    If I got lucky at that young age...he would be so picky that he would grab the iron and do it himself. Nothing was ever quite perfect enough.
    Sitting at the end of the bed..(for me it was the arm of the couch) ironing away and watching " As The World Turns"....I seriously do like to iron though..maybe it's because that's something I can control? LOL
    Big hugs for your fantastic honest nature and GREAT personality! :)

    ReplyDelete